Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency
Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency is a legal body of public law in the field of road safety, established on 1st September 2010. Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency is the central institution for traffic safety. Its mission is to reduce the worst consequences of accidents (fatalities and injuries). Agency performs regulatory, developmental, technical, and other tasks regarding drivers and vehicles, analytical and research work in the field of road safety, prevention, education, and training.
Agency also performs independent investigation of the factors and causes of traffic fatalities and provides expert work for preparation and implementation of national program of traffic safety.
Agency assess, within its jurisdiction, road infrastructure safety, provides education and raises public awareness about new technical standards, solutions and other measures which contribute to a greater safety of all road users.
Title: Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency
Abbreviated title: AVP
Location: Trdinova ulica 8
ID No.: 3788164000
Tax ID No.: 23272856
Director: mag. Igor Velov
Agency council chairman: Jure Prestor
Slovenian Traffic Safety Agency is the central institution for traffic safety. Its mission is to reduce the worst consequences of accidents (fatalities and injuries). Its missions and goals will be achieved by the effective implementation of legislative measures, by the national program and other acts and by encouraging road users to a more responsible behavior, respect for rules and awareness about the road safety importance, the provision of safer vehicles and road infrastructure.
The main tasks of our agency are:
- prevention and education work in field of road traffic, more precisely preventive campaigns on speed, alcohol, safety belt, pedestrian safety, safety of motorcyclists, safety of cyclists, railroad crossing safety and prevention campaign in schools and at community councils for preventive and education and assistance and cooperation with local communities and civil society,
- organization and implementation of analytic research in the field of road safety,
- road safety audit in accordance with the implementation of directive 2008/96/ec and the public roads act,
- implementation of rehabilitation programmes for drivers convicted of speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medicines.
- checking quality control of vehicles’ technical inspections
- tasks relating the new national road safety program (2013-2022)
Agency follows VISION ZERO: No fatalities in road traffic in Slovenia.